Friday, February 25, 2011

Northern exposure..

My family and I are from Ohio.  I originally grew up in Dayton on sort of a rough side of town.  I ended up graduating from Kettering Fairmont in 92' and moving to the south side of Dayton.  I met my husband a few years later and we ended up moving to the North side of Dayton to a small little town called Union.  I loved living there, loved my neighbors, loved the schools the whole nine!  I always hated the winters though, haven't been a fan since I was a kid.  Well about 5 years ago we left it all and moved to Alabama, just south of Birmingham.  I was sad to leave all that I had ever known and it took me a good two years to really love it there but I do love it there.  The weather is amazing and we made some of the best friends.  Anyway, we've now moved North again to the west side of Indianapolis and I absolutely despise it here.  I know that as far as meeting people and that sort of thing goes that it will take some time but eventually friends will be made and I'm sure that one day I'll love it here for that reason alone because it is truth that home is where your heart is.  Right now my heart is in Alabama and the horrible winter we are having here in Indiana is certainly not helping my heartache :(  Go away winter!!!  Go away snow!!!  I want my Bama weather back!

No comments: